Home -> News -> ALTRAD SA & NSG U.K. Ltd acquire MTD Scaffolding Business


ALTRAD SA & NSG U.K. Ltd acquire MTD Scaffolding Business

ALTRAD SA & NSG U.K. Ltd acquire MTD Scaffolding Business

A deal was concluded on 30th March 2012 for the acquisition of the MTD scaffolding business by NSG U.K. Ltd owned by the Altrad Group.

Dr Altrad, CEO and President of Altrad, commented that this latest exciting acquisition provides a company with a wealth of experience, highly professional with safety at the core of the values and a strong, highly driven team led by Tracey Hutton, Managing Director and Garry Taylor, Projects Director. Tracey and Garry will continue to head up the business to progress the growth plan that was already in place.

MTD has in excess of 60 employees and a turnover of £3.5m per annum. The Midlands based business has its Head Office located in Oldbury.

Mike Carr, Managing Director of the Deeside based NSG business decided this was a great acquisition for NSG as it compliments the existing core skills and offers expansion opportunities to provide Access for Social Housing. This forms part of the strategy plan that Mike and his fellow Directors had when they joined the Altrad Group at the end of May 2011. Mike states “NSG’s principle activities are scaffolding services (including erecting the scaffolding), access solutions, thermal insulation, industrial cleaning and industrial painting. There is a tremendous opportunity for NSG to expand in the UK organically or through strategic acquisitions of companies with similar activities to provide customers with a full UK coverage as well as the Altrad International support that already exists”.

Tracey Hutton, Managing Director of MTD explains that the three-depot business has over 30 years of experience and a great reputation delivering tailored solutions to both the Private and Public Sectors. “Our unique service is based on rapid response, system scaffolding (Altrad Plettac Contur) with unequalled customer service. Our friendly highly skilled staff undergo regular training for Health and Safety, Quality control and Customer satisfaction. A fully bespoke operational management system enables the company to accurately and efficiently manage the business for dealing with Local Authorities, PLC’s and Building companies and provides detailed KPI’s”.

“This acquisition forms part of the bigger plan to provide the UK market with products and services from Altrad who specialise in the manufacturing and sales of Scaffolding, Cement Mixers and Wheelbarrows, together with providing additional contracting services in the scaffolding sector” stated Ray Neilson, MD of Altrad Belle UK who has been assisting on the acquisitions.

Altrad now has over 60 companies with the majority being located in Europe and several outside of Europe across the world.

“After 26 years of growth, the strategy of the Altrad Group remains to grow the business in a controlled and sustainable manner for the benefit of the customers, employees, shareholders and partners” stated Dr Altrad. The Altrad Group is 80% privately owned with the remaining 20% held by the French sovereign fund (Fonds Stratégique d'Investissement or FSI), Arkea and CM-CIC Capital Investissement.

Dr Altrad and Ray Neilson are very keen to hear from companies that are interested in joining the Altrad group if they are involved in any element of scaffolding, cement mixers or wheelbarrows.

2012 will again be a record year for the Altrad Group, with its head quarters located in Montpellier in the south of France. The strategy of the Altrad group has proved to be resilient even through a deep recession and the business is now well positioned for another substantial phase of growth both organic and through acquisitions.

Previously Dr Altrad has made successful acquisitions of BarOmix, Belle Group, Beaver 84 and NSG in the UK and this acquisition adds to the services Altrad can offer to the UK customer base. The businesses will all continue to work from their current locations with the skilled employees, and any acquisition synergies will be limited to the products and services sourcing and the financing potential for the foreseeable future, thus ensuring the best possible customer service is delivered.

                                    MTDScaffold.co.uk                                             NSGUK.com                                                  Altrad.com